Individual health coaching is a process that provides very effective support for anyone who has set a goal, failed to achieve it, or failed to make it a permanent change.
Using the co-active coaching approach means that we develop your customized plan together. You already have all the answers that will help you achieve your goals! I work together with clients to help them identify and reach goals that they may have been struggling with in the past. I help them figure out what’s important to them, and then together, we set an action plan, uncovering blocks that may have hindered them in the past. Then I make sure they have support that helps them stay on track, and then they establish how they’d like to be held accountable to their action steps. Finally, I ensure that the goals they’ve reached remain permanent, so that they don’t slip back to their old habits and end up where they started.
For more information about individual coaching, please contact me
The Goals of individual health coaching are for you to:
- Accomplish much more than you have in the past and feel a greater sense of success
- Become aware of the things that will promote your health, and be able to easily let go of the things that won’t.
- Teach you to discover how to make a healthier decision when faced with challenging choices. Give you these skills so that they’re lifetime tools for you to use whenever the situation arises.
- Teach you the process of change, so you can apply this process to other areas of your life after your coaching is complete.
Health Coaching Steps
1. Complimentary Introductory session (no charge)
- The purpose of the complimentary 30-minute telephone session is to provide an opportunity for you to find out what coaching is and what working with me is like.
- If you chose to move forward with the coaching, we together chose the best coaching package for your needs, and schedule our intake session.
2. Initial Session (Intake session)
- This session is usually 1-2 hours long, based on your needs. I set aside 2 hours. It takes place either face to face, or over the phone. Prior to the session you will fill out a questionnaire that will help guide our work together (although this is a “living” document so anything you want to change as we move through the coaching is fine).
- At the end of this session I will have a good picture of your overall situation: your main challenges, your most important goals, as well as necessary background information. If there are any medical concerns, I will have you take to your doctor and complete a medical questionnaire that will allow you to proceed with the coaching.
3. Confidence/Life/Health Coaching Process
- After the intake session, we start the coaching process! This consists of sessions by phone, and periodically face to face if you wish. The frequency of the session will be based on your preference, and can change as we move through the coaching process. Each session length is 60 minutes. At any time you can check in with me via email. “Just in time” 10 minute phone coaching sessions can be scheduled as well as a support measure. We will also determine who would be best to support you during your change process.
- In addition to our coaching, we can also include Connected Groundwork and Riding® instruction to ensure that you and your horse are getting all you need. Typically, we add this when we are coaching with a focus on confidence.
- During our session, we’ll talk about your situation, your challenges, and the things that matter to you. Since I follow a co-active coaching approach, we will brainstorm and explore how you can best overcome challenges given your tools and things accessible to you. At the end of the session you will have a specific action plan, including steps to take, resource materials and things to consider before our next session.
4. Ongoing Individual Coaching:
- Once you have completed your 12 week Individual Coaching Program, you can purchase additional coaching by the hour! Each hour of coaching can be used by you however you wish; as an hourly onsite visit with your horse (travel fees may apply), or in 20, 30 or 60 minute increments over the telephone. You decide! There is no expiration date on any coaching purchased, so you can use it when you feel the need.
I’m so confident that my coaching programs can help you realize what you want with your horse, and release you from things you don’t want, that I’m willing to give you a money back guarantee. For the first 30 days you can try any of my programs. If you’re not completely satisfied, you can cancel within 30 days and receive your investment back, no questions asked. However, your feedback is very important to me and to your fellow riders, so if something’s not just the way you want it, please let me know so I can improve it for future equestrians taking the program. That’s it! No catch, no games, you get to try the program for 30 days with the peace of mind that if it’s not for you, you can cancel for a full refund.